Little Things

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Joys

As I posted last week, it is the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, and if it wasn’t last week, it certainly is now.  I wanted to take this moment to share with you a few of my favorite moments of this hustle and bustle.
During this time, I love…

-walking down Christmas Tree Lane with my dear friends and my fiancé.  This was the 4th year Greg and I have walked the lane together.  4 years ago we walked down the lane and Greg asked me if we could have “the DTR talk.”  Following this, he had to explain that DTR means to ‘Define the Relationship’ where he explained that he wanted to date me.  Now we walked the lane talking about our wedding.

-driving to see family, even if it means hours in the car.

-cheering my parents on from afar while they are opening a new grocery store tomorrow.

-Starbucks Christmas Blend each morning.

-driving spontaneously to locations far away in search of blessing those that have blessed us with Christmas gifts.

-putting the lights and bright colored ornaments on the tree with Lisa and Makenna.

-driving through neighborhoods, randomly taking the long way home, to look at houses with Greg; both their lights and the houses themselves, dreaming of our house to someday decorate together.

-getting packages of cookies in the mail and devouring them quickly.

-finding the perfect gift for someone and wanting so badly for them to have it that I almost can’t wait until Christmas for them to open it.

-wearing scarves!

-getting close to Greg’s family; my soon to be family.

-hanging Christmas lights on our house.

-sitting by the fire and reading a good book…I can do this now, since I don’t have school books to read.

-baking Christmas goods; pumpkin, German, and chocolate alike.

-spending extra time in my PJ’s simply because I can.

Are you enjoying your Christmas hustle and bustle?  I hope you are.  I know this crazy season is easy to get wrapped up in the dizziness of the times.  Remember the craziness is not all that counts….

No comments: