Little Things

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blessings

I write to you today, sitting in the Sea-Tac airport, awaiting my return flight to Fresno, listening to Amy Grant's Christmas Album...one that never gets old, reflecting on the past week.  (To you in the great Northwest, I am sorry that I did not tell most of you that I would be in town, but it was a quick 48 hours in Seattle. I will be back in January and will see you then!)
In the past week, I have turned another year older.  I am now 24. What better way to spend the day than with friends, another trip down Christmas Tree Lane, and good food.  It was a splendid day.  There are a few goofy thoughts that come with being 24 for me. Let me explain:
-next year I will be a quarter of a century old. Thanks dad for telling me.
-I am now the age I will be when I get married. 
-I am the age I will be when I graduate college for the 2nd time. 
-I'm almost a grown-up.  I beg to differ, but mom says June 23 I am officially a grown-up.  Weird! 
Another accomplishment for me in the past week is that I took my last final exam ever...EVER! I can hardly believe it, I know, I know, I have an exit exam next semester and that should count but for me, I say it doesn't. I won't be sitting in a classroom writing an essay or filling out a scantron; it doesn't count. 
As of December 19, my dear friends Daniel & Anukina Garrison have now been married for 2 years.  I was blessed to be apart of their wedding and I continue to be blessed to have them in my life as well as Greg's.  Congrats you two!
Being a crafty girl and doing something that I have been wanting to do from pinterest.  I will show you a picture later, but if I disclose the picture at this point, I will be showing someone their Christmas gift, and I just couldn't do that!
Lastly, I have returned to my first home.  I am continuously corrected when I say, "I am going home." which home does that mean? I know I have shared with you before my love for both places, although for polar opposite reasons.  I have my home in Lakewood; the house I grew up in and my parents still live, where I sleep in MY room and have precious memories overwhelm me each time I come back, where my baby piano resides and I get goosebumps all over again each time I play it, as if it was the first time in all over again.  I also have my Fresno home; where I (with the help of many others) have made an ugly salmon pink condo adorable and perfect for us, where I have the privilege of living with my sister and Makenna, where I have begun my own traditions and made more unforgettable memories. So, as I said, I returned to my first home Thursday morning.  
I flew inThursday morning with my mom meeting me at the airport. We spent the day in Seattle looking at bridal shops, Pike Place trinkets, windows shopping, and simply browsing the streets.  We then headed to University Village to continue our wandering day.  We found great stuff, Christmas presents, and possibly the place settings for my future home with Greg (I need his approval before I can tell you what they are).  The evening concluded at The Keg.  I am fairly certain I have blogged about this spectacular restaurant before, but it was the perfect evening of dinner with my parents, good food, and great laughs (even a few snorts).  I got to hear the other details I had yet to hear about how the ring was picked and all the sneaky stuff I didn't realize was happening. It was priceless.  
Alright, but flight is boarding now, so I will have to tell you about yesterday at a later time.  All I can say is I am blessed by the people around me in both Fresno, Lakewood and many cities in between.  Have a Very Merry Christmas Eve.  God Bless you and your family on this special weekend.

No comments: