Little Things

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Catching Up 2...

OK, I am going to make this a very quick catch up, because I am eager to post about this weekend, and this weekend is nearly over...GRR!

I realized after I posted about April 1st, that March 31st was also exciting.  I had a day with no school!!  Quite an excitement, since our Spring Break is still not for another 2 weeks....we are eagerly awaiting its arrival for a break from school.  January 19-March 31 with no break is far too long! 

Anyway, March 31st Lisa, Greg, and I spent the afternoon cleaning our garden.  It was blissful!!  When we first got the condo, the garden was more like a jungle, and I hate to admit that it was nearing that bad again.  For you that had seen it, it was certainly not as bad, but getting there.  I did the weeding and trimming, while Lisa and Greg pulled up the bricks to cut the tree roots that were under them and now they are all level and walkable again.  Now it is ready for spring and dinners in the backyard. 

Tuesday, April 5 - Bowling
                                                               
After spending way too many hours finishing a research paper and getting that turned in, Tuesday night our Bible Study group went bowling.  Now, there are many games and sports that I will be competitive playing, but bowling is simply not one of them.  I am not a good bowler and there are plenty of people I know that are good bowlers.  Maybe my dad taught me not to be competitive bowling years ago when he would take us bowling, as he is one of those great bowlers I know.  With my "I'm just here to have fun" attitude, bowling was a blast.  We bowled two matches where I lost in a group of 13 both times.  Greg was  very encouraging, but he is the best bowler I know.  Needless to say, if you add up the score for both of my matches, it will not beat Greg's lowest match score.  I will not admit how badly I bowled, but I will tell you that he bowled 212 and 223.  Again, the best bowler I know!

                                  Thursday,  April 7 - Wicked!
OK, I do not mean 'wicked' as in, "That's bad!" or "Sweet" or any other weird usage of the word wicked; I mean I went to WICKED!  As in the Broadway experience, lots of singing, dancing, and costumes that will draw you into the world of OZ. 
                                                      
This was an event with Makenna and her parents.  I think originally this ticket was for Matt, so Makenna and Matt could go with Makenna's parents, but he had class.  Sorry Matt, but I am glad you did!  HEHE.  First we went to a restaurant called Richard's which is downtown and apparently one of the oldest restaurants in town.  AMAZING! and headed off to our incredible seats to watch all the facial expressions of the singers.  I cannot believe how incredible it was.  I am so blessed to have been able to go.  I was told by Makenna's mothers that this did not require a thank-you card, since I tend to write them when I go somewhere with their family, so I will write my thank-you here:  Thank you to Shawn, Dean, and Makenna for letting me come with you!  Love, Cassie. 
                                            
Funny Side Note:  It had been raining all day and Makenna and I decided as we were walking out the door that we would not need an umbrella, since it had finally stopped raining.  As we were walking out with the heard of people after the show was over, nearing the door you could hear great sighs and mini screams.  It was pouring buckets like I have never seen it rain in Fresno.  We tiptoed, since you cannot run in heals, as fast as we could to the car and safely made it without melting.  We picked up cheesecake to go on our way home and ate it remembering each great moment of the evening. 

No comments: