Little Things

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Catching Up...

My failure to blog in the month of April is ending here and now.  I feel as though I should apologize that I have not written lately, but as you will see, I have been simply living live.  April has been packed with additions to my life that are not in my regular routine, but the regular routine must still exist.  Therefore, no blogging.  Sad Day!  ...as my sister would say.  Here we go:


I don't want to skip out on the wonderful excitements of April thus far, so this may take more than one post to catch you up, but I am not going to spill the beans early about yesterday and today, so you will just have to keep reading...


April 1 - Late Night Broom Ball.



This is a game where we take the J-High peeps to play on the ice at the Gateway Ice Center.  Broom ball is a game, similar to hockey in the sense that you have nets to score in at each end and the players have a stick.  The similarities end there.  We all have tennies on; who needs skates when you can run in your sneakers instead, we use sticks that look like plastic brooms, we use a plastic ball the size of a dodge-ball, most of the players wear catchers' knee pads so they can run and slide on their knees.  There are essentially no rules, other than have fun and be safe.  Way too much fun!  Don't worry, it is not quite as dangerous as it sounds...not quite.  All were picked up at 12:30 am after 2 hours of playing a high-intensity game way past every bed time, safe and sound. 

A great prank was played on a fellow J-High leader where we had him convinced his car was stolen from the parking lot - broken glass and all.  Lots of Laughs!!

Now, I know I have barely gotten started on this whole catching-up thing, but I am off to live another adventure.  I will post again soon, I promise this time!

*Besides, Saturday the 2nd and Sunday the 3rd, I spent continuous hours on the couch sick from a mystery-of-life, i.e. unknown cause.  Nothing exciting to blog there....

No comments: