Little Things

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

See ya...Hello There!

I know I have said this before, and most of you would know it even if I didn’t say it; but I stink at goodbyes.  I was determined at the start of the year that it was no more goodbyes…and I stand by that now.  Monday night, I said “See ya Later” to Seattle.  I was blessed to be able to go home, spend time in my favorite city with my incredible parents, dearest Katie, and the joys that go with being home.  Thanks mom and dad for the time of our lives again!  You are the reason home is HOME. 
Now, enough of the sappy stuff, I am also blessed in a second way.  I have two homes.  I left home 1 to arrive 2.5 hours later in home A.  Formerly, I would have said home 1 and home 2, but that still gives a ranking.  1 and A = no rank.  I simply cannot compare these two places that I spend my life.  Fresno has grown a place in my heart as well.  I know I give Fresno a lot of flack and I still don’t like the actual city, but I love the people here too.  I was able to tearfully leave hugs, to arriving to another hug at the airport from the boy that loves me, followed by a hug at home, hugs at work, and hugs all around.  Fresno isn’t so bad.  (I will never say that again, so I will leave it in print here so you know how I feel, but remember the words.  They will not come out of my mouth…just from my fingers).  Smile.
Tuesday night was a surprise for me.  Greg told me we had plans, but would not tell me what.  He came to pick me up and said A or B.  Now, I hate choices.  I tried in every way possible to get him to tell me the choices, but he wouldn’t budge.  Finally I picked A. 
We got in the car and headed down the road; I kept guessing all the way.  2 rights and a left later, I knew where we were going.  OLD SPAGHETTI FACTORY!  My favorite.  Somewhere along the way, I did figure out that option B was Sweet Tomatoes, which is in the Top 5 favorites of mine.  He knows me so well.  Needless to say the date was wonderful!  My leftovers for lunch today were just as good as the dinner was last night, except for the fact that he wasn’t here to have leftovers with me.  

No comments: