Little Things

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hurry Up and Have Some MORE Fun

Monday began our adventures all over again.  The day mostly consisted of the average stuff, running errands, going to the gym, yada yada yada.  Mom and I went to a flower nursery and hit the jackpot!  We scored big time plants for the back yard to go around the new deck.
*We only had one tree in the back seat...

Then we got a call that my cousin Andy had an indoor soccer game that and wanted to know if Greg wanted to come play too.  No questions asked, obviously the answer was Y-E-S.  So, mom came with me and we watched Andy and Greg play soccer.  I will admit that I don’t know much about soccer, I am learning, but what a team!  I think the score was 15-0 when they stopped keeping track.  They were winning.  Andy played soccer for 4 years in college at Pacific Lutheran University and most of the guys on this indoor team played with him in college.  They were more than the average men’s league team and the other team wasn’t too happy about it, however, we didn’t mind. 
*Andy is in all black.  Greg is in orange.

Tuesday day was much the same, but we headed to the Mariners game that evening.  We sat 2 sections over from 3rd base, but in the 5th row.  It was a very entertaining game including the friendly banter between our friends the Mariners fans and our not-so-friends the Braves fans.  I can’t remember the last time my snort hurt I laughed so hard.  What a game, but unfortunately the score didn’t quite reflect how much fun we had…oh well. 


Wednesday we had a relaxing morning before the festivities began.  More errands were run, it seems like there are so many when the 4th of July is drawing near.  Next was more digging for the plants.  Ok, I must admit, the boys were doing the digging and Lisa and I were sanding down the smore’s sticks, but we were outside keeping them company.  Oh, did I mention that it was raining?  I guess not…it was raining!! 
Alright, I am almost caught up and can finishing making the boys waffles for breakfast…I am trying to type quickly, please pardon the spelling errors if I miss any.
Last night we went to our favorite seafood location Steamers.  We have gone to Steamers many many times and last night was Riley’s first experience.  Even he agreed that it was probably the best fish n’ chips he had ever had.  Plus, our little tradition prize by the railroad was found after dinner because the train ran it over.  Woo Hoo!  For some reason, at Steamers and Steamers only, we play hangman.  It ias become this weird routine at Steamers.  Nearing the end of dinner, I decided to make a hangman game stating   _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _?  Mom knew without even guessing a letter.  Dad knew after B.  So off we went to Baskin Robbins.  Yum Yum Yum.  Lots of laughs and chuckles throughout this night. 
Today we are working in the yard.  Mom decided it was a good idea to make the boys a good breakfast before we sent them digging…waffles from scratch it is.  Yum (I am sensing a pattern of “yum” throughout this trip, we have certainly not been lacking food).
Ok, I am leaving you now so I can eat my waffle before it gets cold.  Toodles!

P.S. the hot fudge maker gets turned on tonight which means my favorite day of the year is 4 days away!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I could have made the game! p.s - the hot fudge pot was amazing...looking forward to some 4th of July pics! : )