Little Things

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rain Rain

Rain, Rain, don’t go away.
Just prepare me for another day.
(I realize it doesn’t exactly fit the rhythm of the rhyme, but its all I could come up with)

Ok, I am certainly not complaining; so here me out.
I don’t know if I have told you this, but Greg plays on a men’s softball team with some friends and I love to watch.  Today was the men’s softball team tournament for the end of this season.  I was excited to attend the game, along with my buddy Evan, the nearly 2nd grader I was hanging out with for the day.  There was just something in the air….it’s called RAIN!
I know, I know, I know.  I love the rain!  I do not complain about the rain.  I have an incredibly cute gray and yellow rain coat that my dad picked out for me that I am thrilled to wear every chance I get (and I usually send him a text message to inform him I am wearing it).  Today it rained…all day long…through all 3 softball games…continuously.  It was cold and wet.  It is June.  I am in Fresno California, the land of hot weather.  I am on summer vacation. 
Here is my defense:  I am not complaining.  Normally, I would love that it was raining, and I still did; but I was missing one key element to enjoying the rain; my rain coat!  Last week when I was home I decided I would leave it in Lakewood since I wouldn’t need it in Fresno and I would be back to Lakewood in 3 weeks to use it again.  As it turns out, I was wrong.  I needed my raincoat today. 
I did have another coat to wear, so I did survive and I enjoyed sitting in the rain watching my friends get drenched while they were playing.  It is just extremely strange that in June it was raining and 65 degrees outside in Fresno.  I expect that in Lakewood.  I am just not prepared for it in Fresno. 
Anyway, I enjoyed the rain.  Just because I didn’t have my raincoat doesn’t mean I didn’t have a blast, I just thought I should pass on the strange concept of rain in Fresno in June.

*Sorry I don’t have any pictures.  It was raining too hard to want to take it outside.

No comments: