Little Things

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Let's Go Fly A Kite


Apparently, we brought the sunshine again today.  Mom and Dad said that today was the best day they have seen in Ocean Shores since last fall.  I feel like I shouldn’t have to add this part, but I will…today was BEAUTIFUL!!!  We woke up and decided to take advantage of the break from the rain to clean the outside of the house.  At a house on the beach, this is quite a project that requires a special concoction of bleach, water, and a secret mold-canceling solution (Greg’s words).  P.S. It smells awful.  So, we spent the morning spraying the special stuff and washing it off with the pressure washer.  Dad, Greg, Riley and Lisa took care of this.  I followed behind after they were done and washed the windows.  I hadn’t realized until today that there are 17 windows (including sun-roof windows) on the house.  Oh well, it was a gorgeous view, especially from the roof. 

We finished that project and actually took advantage of the sunshine this time.  Mom packed us a picnic, we took the umbrella, footballs, kites, beach towels, books, and sunglasses down to the beach.  This was a perfect way to finish the afternoon. 
Dad and Greg were masters of the two-stringed kite and I couldn’t get this song out of my head.  I figure I will pass it on to you, so I am not the only one going bonkers with this song stuck in my head.
Let’s go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let’s go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let’s go fly a kite!
On a side note, if you didn’t guess it, this song is from Mary Poppins.  I have just discovered that Greg has never seen this movie.  I almost started to sing the whole thing to him…that will be a future adventure for us to share together. 

Unfortunately, the kite broke on the last crash attempt I had made at landing it...
Today’s adventure finished with dinner at the Collins Inn where we ate way too much food! Again.  The day was priceless and exactly the reason I love being here. 

1 comment:

annie said...

Yep. Perfect description of a perfect day!