Little Things

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lion Song

Easter is a time of remembrance; remembering what was done for us on the cross and what happened three days later.    Our debts were paid and sins were forgiven.  Thank you Father for giving your Son to the world to save me.  Thank you Jesus for following your Father’s plan for your life, all the while knowing you would die for me.
What a great Easter I had and as I remember it, I will let you know how it went.  It started at church.  I went to the second gathering where Dale spoke and we had some incredible worship.  We have started singing a song at our gatherings, which as Hailey (a beautiful little one of a family that I love to hang out with and babysit for) fondly calls the “Lion Song.”  It is by The David Crowder Band called “Like a Lion.”  I have added the lyrics so you may better understand how wonderful it is and how precious it is for young children to constantly request it and sing it at any given moment. 
Let Love Explode!
Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold to see a revolution somehow
Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold to bring a revolution somehow

Now I'm lost in your freedom
This world I'll overcome

My God is not dead
He's surely alive
He's living on the inside
Roaring like a lion

Let hope arise and make the darkness hide
My faith is cold, I need a resurrection somehow

Let Heaven roar and fire fall
Come shake the ground
With the sound of revival
If you prefer to hear it…here you go:  (p.s. I am quite proud of my technology abilities at the moment).   Like A Lion

Next, J-High had our gathering outside.  What a wonderful way to discuss what was done, sitting outside, enjoying the spring air and green grass (which undoubtedly will not be green for much longer, since the Fresno summer is just around the corner).
Following church, I was off and making my mom’s famous artichoke dip for the Easter dinner appetizer and we all headed off to Alvin’s house.  By we, I mean Greg, Lisa, Riley - Lisa’s boyfriend, and me.  For those of you who do not know Alvin, let me introduce you. 
Alvin is my mom’s cousin’s grandpa.  Aka, Aunt Lisa’s grandpa also known as Gaggy.  This summer he will turn 101.  Last summer we had a great big party for his 100th birthday where he danced the night away…literally.  Alvin remembers everything, and I mean everything; dates, events, special moments, random moments.  He also knows the secret to growing the most incredible roses and making the best drink, ‘The Alvin Special’.  Even though the recipe is quite simple (I will not divulge the info) it is just not the same if Alvin doesn’t make it. 
*A small portion of the roses in the backyard
*Cheers to mom who was attempting to make her own Alvin Special at home. 
Thanks for my Easter apron!

So, Alvin’s house is the party house and Easter is no different.  As always, there were too many cooks in the kitchen and everything was getting done faster than necessary, or we make too much chaos and Aunt Nene sends us all out of the kitchen, usually the latter. 
*Before we got kicked out.  I promise we did not intend to all match :)

We stopped that quickly and played our traditional game of bocce ball.  Greg and I are the undefeated duo at the moment.  Alvin says we should have bet on it. Hehe. 
*The "kids" as we are still known after getting kicked out of the kitchen.
*Yes, we mean business, down to the length of toes...
Dinner was spectacular and per usual dinners at Gaggy’s, we were stuffed.  Too stuffed.  As in, uncomfortable that so much food was just eaten, stuffed.  We still made room for dessert and then we quickly cleaned the kitchen and all headed to our perspective houses before the food coma set it and we would all be spending the night at Alvin’s. 
*Greg and Riley showing off how full they are...

As I said before, it was an incredible Easter.  May we all remember to live like a roaring lion knowing that our God is not dead, He is surely alive!


No comments: