Little Things

Friday, May 27, 2011

Seattle First

As you know, I grew up in Seattle.  The Northwest is one of my favorite places on earth.  I hope to spend the rest of my life living here.  Wednesday we took Lisa’s boyfriend, Riley to Seattle for the day.  Everyone that visits must experience Pike Place, the streets of Seattle, and the uniqueness that goes with it.  Following this we had lunch at University Village Pasta Co. which is one of our favorite spots for lunch.  All of this I have done before, often.  But on this same day, I did a Seattle first for me.
I am an adamant 12th man of the Seahawks, and a Mariners fan through and through; but I have never been to a Sounders game.  To my fairness, the team was founded after I moved to Fresno State.  But Wednesday, I fulfilled a Seattle Ffrst by going to a Seattle Sounders FC game.  Greg and I went with our dear friend Katie and her friend Matt.  Dad got tickets from Coke for us to go.  It was certainly a wonderful adventure.
 
I must first tell you about the tickets.  These tickets were in a club section.  This meant we had a separate entrance into the stadium, which by the way, is on the other side of the field and you have to walk there in the rain.  Then, you have to find the correct floor.  Which for us was the 3rd, not the 4th floor, although we did find the 4th floor...
 Once you get in, you are in the small portion of seats that are not rained on.  Since it rained the entire game, this was an absolute benefit.  Also, everything is included.  There is an area prior to the first kick where you can have dinner, all-you-can-eat and dessert.  Just before half-time they switch the food and have a round of snacks as well as a separate dessert.  This time, you can take the food with you back to your seats as to not miss a pass.  This includes coffee too!

Although we lost the game, it was a pleasure to be there, spending time with friends.  It was also great to watch the game with my true soccer fan...boyfriend.  He was very involved in the game.  I have watched him play, and watched games on T.V. with him, but this was a whole new side of Greg I have never seen.  Not to mention, I learned more about soccer in those 90 minutes than I have known about soccer my whole life.  What a day!!


P.S. The other pictures are on Katie's camera, so I will just have to add them later....

No comments: