Little Things

Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Little-Knowns"


Ok, this post seems to be passing through the blog world, so I am going to join the band-wagon.  It got underway by someone; got to a blog that Elise reads, and was passed on from there.  I saw it on the blogs of two dear friends of mine (that happen to be sisters, Laura Agaba and Elise Jordan).  They posted about "little-knowns"--things that people, even close friends, might not know about them and invited others to do the same. 
Ok, I must admit I did not think of all these little known quirks and things about me all on my own.  Greg helped me out while we were on our lunch date.  So, here goes nothing…
Ok, I think my list is plenty long for now.  Those of you that know me, I am sure you could list many many more.  That’s just what makes me…ME!
o   My favorite flower is a Daisy because of the scene in You’ve Got Mail where Tom Hanks brought Meg Ryan Daisies when she was sick in bed.  She responds with, “I love Daisies.  They're so friendly. Don't you think Daisies are the friendliest flower?”
o   My favorite dresses I have ever worn were all made by my mother.
o   I love the smell of a cigar.
o   My favorite number is 13 – who says it is bad luck?
o   I want two dogs named Daisy and Duke.  No, I have never seen the movie.
o   I will always be the 12th man of a game in Seattle.
o   Most people have a sweet tooth; I have a salt tooth.
o   I am attempting to be bilingual.
o   I collect Starbucks mugs from every major city I have visited.
o   I know what it means when something happens “once in a blue moon”  (If you don’t know, don’t use the phrase…as my dad would say).
o   I would love to cook like Julia Childs every night of the week.
o   I enjoy eating breakfast for dinner.
o   I have Fresno State Bulldog blood.  I am the 33rd member of my family to go to Fresno State University.  “Bulldog born, Bulldog bred, I am going to be a Bulldog until the day I’m dead!”
o   I have built my own dock - Ok, with the help of my dad.
o   If you ask me, my favorite color is purple.  If you observe my color choices, my favorite color is yellow.
o   I prefer the 4th of July over Christmas. 
o   I have only lost one game of NERTS.
o   Popcorn is good for every meal.
o   I love pigs.  And snorting runs in the family; it must be genetic. 
Now it’s your turn…if you blog post your “little-knowns” for your friends to smile about as they read them and remember those quirks they have experience with you.   Enjoy!

No comments: