Little Things

Friday, May 6, 2011

Sisterface Day!

The Importance Of A Sister
© Shiv Sharma
A sister is someone who loves you from the heart,
No matter how much you argue you cannot be drawn apart.
She is a joy that cannot be taken away,
Once she enters your life, she is there to stay.

A friend who helps you through difficult times,
Her comforting words are worth much more than dimes.
A partner who fills your life with laughs and smile,
These memories last for miles and miles.

When she is by your side, the world is filled with life,
When she is not around, your days are full of strife.
A sister is a blessing, who fills your heart with love,
She flies with you in life with the beauty of a dove.

A companion to whom you can express your feelings,
She doesn’t let you get bored at family dealings.
Whether you are having your ups or downs,
She always helps you with a smile and never frowns.

With a sister you cannot have a grudge,
She is as sweet as chocolate and as smooth as fudge.
Having a sister is not just a trend,
It is knowing you can always turn to her, your best friend.
Today minus 20 years, is the day I became a big sister.   Today is a very special day; it is my sisterface’s birthday.  She is 20 years old today.  For some reason this surprises me, even though I am 23 and minus 3 equals 20.  The math doesn’t change.  Simle. 
She has been by my side through thick and thin; happies and sads; Big Birds and Tinkerbells.
It is very difficult to put my sister into words.  She is a woman of God.  She is my sister.  She is a daughter.  She is a granddaughter.  She is a girlfriend.  She is a name sake of Aunt Lisa.  She is a friend.  I cannot tell you with my vocabulary how great she is, I can simply describe what she is.  Anyone that knows her knows the passion she has for life and the people closest to her.  If you do not know her, you should.  She will make you laugh so hard you cry (or if it is me or Grandma Carol snort), she will make your heart whimper a little at the nearest animal, she will get you lost on the way to our house (no matter where you are), she will make the best chocolate chip cookies ever!  Even if I follow the recipe to the tee, they just don’t taste the same.
Tonight we had a wonderful dinner at a restaurant called Eureka Burger (the second best burgers in town, next to Dog House).

Now it is off to a game of Nerts, the best card game in the world.  The game at which Lisa rarely gets beat and I almost never get beat.  Now that I have said that, Lisa just might beat me for the first time ever tonight…maybe I will let her win as a birthday gift from me.  Maybe not. 
Anyway, I am blessed to have this wonderful young woman beside me through our 20 years together and I cannot wait for the next 20 years and more.

Happy Birthday To You!
Happy Birthday To You!
Happy Birthday Dear Sisterface,
Happy birthday To You!

No comments: