Little Things

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Don't Forget To Breathe!

I usually have some event that I choose to blog about or something that happened in the last few days that I have great excitement to share with you.  I do have something exciteting to share with you, but it is not something that has already happened; it is for the future.
Although, yesterday Makenna and I went to the gym in the morning ran 3 miles and lifted weights then walked to Greg’s softball game in the evening which adds another 4.88 miles to our log for the day; totaling almost 8 miles for the day.  I guess that is my something exciting, however my legs can feel every step today.  Now on to the point:
School is winding down!  It is my last semester as a full time student at Fresno State University while working on my second degree.  I officially have 6 more days of classes, 3 finals to take, 2 more study sessions to teach, 2 more classes to T.A., 2 projects to complete, 1 paper to finish, and 1 interview to have (and be accepted, hopefully).  Although the list seems long as I am writing it down, it is very short compared to where it began. 
For those of you in Fresno; don’t freak.  I’m not leaving yet.   Smile.  For those of you in Seattle, I’m not quite there, but I am getting closer to moving back…a few more months of patience.  Simle.  I am undecided at the moment if I will be more sad or excited, but I will not discuss that now.  I am focusing on finishing the semester. 
The last few weeks of the semester always seem the hardest.  Maybe it is because we are 14 weeks finished of a 16 week semester, and that is a long time to focus on a few specifics.  Maybe it is because it is warm, dare I say hot, outside and I don’t want to do anything but sit by a pool and read a book for fun.  Maybe it is because now the end is in sight and there is good reason to think about the days when school is finally over.  Maybe, like most students, it is the crunch time to finish everything that I haven’t previously seen the necessity to finish immediately. 
Whatever the case, tonight is the night to take a deep breath and push to the end.  Tomorrow begins the process to the end.  I just thought I would pass along the message reminding you to take a deep breath and keep going.  Time is eventually your friend, because it means you have reached the finish-line.  It is only your enemy for a few brief moments as you are struggling to race the clock.    Sooner or later, it will all end.  You and time will meet together (for me on May 19th) whether it got finished the way you wanted or not.  That is when the true relaxation begins, but time will be your friend again. Don’t Forget To Breathe!

No comments: