Little Things

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer Chore

A summer tradition happened yesterday, with a twist.  Every summer for the past 14 years we have had a day set aside to wash and wax our boat, to get us ready for summer, and to bring on the sun with our banana yellow boat.  Growing up, this seemed like a major chore; it took all day, and dad was way too picky.  As we got older, our friends came to help us get the boat ready which made it much easier and more fun.  (Not to mention, our work ethic changed a bit with age and it didn’t quite take all day.)  Yesterday, we had this chore again, but it was different.  Our boyfriends were here to help!  I think this is the first time Lisa and I have both had boyfriends at home.  What a fun experience this is for us!  Plus, dad has some guys in the house to help him out-vote watching the Biggest Loser finale, which otherwise would have been watched last night. 
Yes, as you have guessed, I am in the great Northwest.  Those of you that are here, you can thank me later for the sunshine that we brought with us.  Sorry though, our powers were only strong enough for one day.  Anyway, summer is here and I am home where I love to be, with the people I love.
And now, the boat is ready!  Tomorrow we will search for the strongest most durable tubes, which have all the particulars that tube-snobs like us desire on a tube.  Then it will be official and we are ready for the sunshine.
*We warned Riley not to trade jobs with Lisa...she always gets the "little sister" job.

Today, we are off for adventures in the wonderful city of Seattle.  I am sure you will hear about them soon…

1 comment:

elise leighann said...

So fun that y'all are all home together, and with your men. So wish I was there. How long are you home?