Little Things

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today a Chef...

Today I was feeling motivated to try something new.  I attempted an ambitious meal, while I was all alone in the kitchen.  My sister and roommate are both experiencing different adventures in other cities at the moment, so dinner is up to me.  I am cooking the best way I know how: in my Bulldog t-shirt, rooting them on from afar, my piggy slippers, and my mom-made apron.  Thanks to this team of inanimate, however important, objects that are supporting me. 
I will now admit that I am addicted to Pinterest.  If you aren’t, too bad; and if you are, I feel your pain.  I keep seeing all these wonderful looking food things and decided that I should try one tonight.  So I have tried these beautiful sliced potatoes. 
Sliced baked potatoes: thinly slice almost all the way through. drizzle with butter, olive oil, salt and pepper. bake at 425 for about 40 min. These look so tasty
I also cooked a stuffed pork chop (thank you Fresno Meat Market) and baked asparagus.  YUM! Therefore, tonight, I will call myself a chef.  I have succeeded in this large overwhelming meal all by my lonesome.  I will also admit that it is spectacularly delicious!!
Now, I did not eat this meal all alone; I would never cook such a large meal for just myself – bring on the popcorn if that is the case.  Greg has joined me for this adventure, though he was sleeping on my couch for the entire cooking process.  To be fair, he had a wonderfully long night yesterday at a Jr High boys all-nighter – where he obviously stayed up nearly all night – doing boy things…I don’t ask questions.  Even he said he would give it an 8 out of 10…pretty good if I say so myself (I’m ignoring that he is biased).
P.S. we have now been dating for 2 years and 7 months…but who’s counting…
P.P.S.  He is amazing and brought me a bouquet of pink and red daisies and roses.  I love him!

Now off to try the dessert...Cake Batter Cookie Bars.  I will let you in on the votes for those later...
Cake Batter Cookie Bars

No comments: