Little Things

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Surprise...The Future...

Did you figure it out?  Did you notice the ‘something special’ in the first picture of the post from earlier today?   OK, well some of you know, some figured it out, and others…here you go…
I’M GETTING MARRIED!!             
In the most glorious of fashions, Greg had it all figured out and proposed to me 1 week ago today.  He chose to ask me to marry him while my parents and grandparents were in town “…for the football game”…yeah, right. 
It all started with a card earlier in the week which read:
Would you mind very much
If I had a little crush on you forever?

I would love to tell you that I knew it was coming and I saw all the hints…but I didn’t.   Per the usual, I was the last to know.  And looking back, I sure could have put all the pieces together. 
     
·         I didn’t see Dad give Greg the ring on Thursday night after they flew in from Seattle.
·         I didn’t catch on to the, “we haven’t hung out just us in a while, lets hang out for a bit before family dinner.”
·         I didn’t see Daniel & Anukina’s car in the parking lot (although apparently they parked a mile away so I wouldn’t).
·         I didn’t notice that Greg stole my scrapbook out of my room.
·         I was completely thrown off by Greg’s continuous asking if 6 months was long enough to plan a wedding. 

It was picture perfect.  I am not sure what the best words are to use here.  So as it was picture perfect, here are the pictures.
*Greg had made me this scrapbook after we had been dating for 1 year. 
He took it out of my room, updated it, and the last page of the scrapbook is this:
*He then took me to meet up with my family at Alvin's house:
*Mom Bette Hessler:
*Sisterface is excited too!
In the near future, a short 251 days from now, I will become Mrs. Gregory Hessler.
Thank you to everyone who continued to fool me, who let me talk as if they knew nothing was going on, who bit their tongue when they wanted to chime in, who took pictures and filmed the whole thing, who drove from all locations to celebrate with us.  I am continually blessed by those around me and I am excited to share this next adventure with you as well. 

1 comment:

AllisonLynnNunez said...

Congratulations Cassie! I am so happy for you, what a sweet proposal!