Little Things

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

Hello 2011,


This is the first of hopefully, many blogs for the year.  I truly enjoyed marking my path through Europe via blog and so a dear friend and I have decided to blog the next year together; our own separate blogs of course.  Here to follow lay my adventures, challenges, success and struggles through my ever-so-hopeful excitement for 2011. 


Since I am only a few days into the New Year, I will back-track a few days and begin there.  I have been home, in Tacoma, for Christmas break from school.  So far 2011 has been great.  It started by ringing in the New Year outside in Ocean Shores around a bonfire surrounded by a best friend Katie, boyfriend Greg, sisterface Lisa, Mom, Dad, and Ocean Shores friends.  We hooped and hollered and quickly after 12am rushed into the house to get warm…after all, you can only stay outside in 0* weather, including the wind chill factor, for so long, no matter how large my dad and boyfriend can make a fire. 


Following was a day of nothing, literally nothing other than eating, and pure bliss.


The next adventure was Zoo Lights.  For those of you from the North West you know, along with me, how wonderful Zoo Lights is and that no matter how old you get and how many years you have gone, it just can’t be beat and I wouldn’t miss it for anything.  I was lucky to share this experience with Greg and Lisa and my new camera.  J 


In a few short hours I am sending my boyfriend back to Fresno.  I was truly blessed to have him here by my side in Tacoma for Christmas Eve, Day and New Years.  Thank you to his family for letting me steal him temporarily.  It will seem to be an eternity before I get to see him again, although it will only be 9 days from now, when I return to Fresno for school to begin. 


Anyway, that is where this year has begun and I will keep you posted on the rest as it happens.  I pray for blessings on your path as well as mine and we shall see where our journeys take us. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love your first post! I like the background and changes as well. I think 2011 is going to be amazing! I am so glad I've gotten to see you so much this break you've been home and I can't wait to see you tomorrow too! Love and hugs!