Little Things

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Catching Up...

Ok, so in the last 11 days, I have failed at blogging due to the fact that I have been so busy!  I have only had one day of classes, but a lot has happened.  So here is my recap (I will work hard to leave out the tiny details, as to not bore you):
I arrived back at home 2 - Fresno, on Wednesday and Friday, it was Winter Camp time.  People’s Church Jr-High students, also known as Peeps, went to retreat.  I was blessed to spend the weekend with these great kids.  Friday night was filled with worship, God, and games.  Saturday after we were blessed with The Word, we headed up the mountain to spend time in the snow.  Armed with tubes, sleds, and packed lunches, the afternoon was ours.  I also got to test out my new camera in the snow.  I got some very funny pictures, I hope you enjoy them.
As our hands got warm after numerous snowballs were thrown, our hearts were touched by God’s presence after we came back to Church.  God was revealed as we talked about getting real.  Winter Camp was, disappointingly, over on Saturday night.  Church followed Sunday morning, where we recapped the event and heard from the students what they experienced during the weekend.
Next was the Seahawks game, enough said.
Now we are to Monday, Martin Luther King Day.  I spent the day with Makenna, Matt (Makenna’s boyfriend), Greg, and Lisa on the slopes of China Peak.  It was a great day; not only was it sunny and warm, but I made it down my first black-diamond run.  Granted: it was completely my mistake because I failed to wait for Makenna and simply kept going.  I didn’t know it was a black-diamond run until we were down the mountain.  It was probably better that way.  I had to leave early to get back down the mountain and go to work, so we decided to make one last run, eat lunch, and off I would go.  Unfortunately, with my confidence up, this time I slid down the mountain further than I skied down the mountain.  Oops.
I finished my 5 hours of work, picked up Greg’s brother Ryan, and headed back up.  This time, it was time to ski with Greg’s family; brother Ryan, Sister Deb, Sister Dee, Neice Taylor, and Nephew Logan.  Once again, I had a blast!  I could really get the hang of this skiing thing.  
Anyway, school has officially started again, and I am getting back to a normal schedule; at least trying to be.  So far, I am really enjoying my classes.  I know they are going to be A TON of work, but they are furthering my career and helping me achieve my goals.  These are important classes. 



As for now, I am preparing for another week as a Bulldog.  Ready or not…here I come!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wonderful pics! Glad you got to ski so much in sunshine! It was sunny here Saturday. Now it is not. :( Good luck with this upcoming week! Love!