Little Things

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Center of the Universe


“According to reliable sources, Fremont (an area in downtown Seattle) lies in a special geophysical area. Stay long enough and you too, will notice an odd gravitational effect. The inability to stay away, the overwhelming urge to return again and again. So when our Native Americans claim this area lies at the very Center of the Universe, somehow we're not surprised.”


I visited this spot on Wednesday, the Center of the Universe.  Strangely enough, there may be slight truth to the sources and their theories; there was this feeling of utter contentment and no desire to leave.  I like to think though that this is less of a gravitational pull and more of a tug on my heart strings, as I spent the day with mom, sisterface, and Katie.  There is almost nothing better than a girls day walking the streets of Seattle, enjoying the smell of the sea, breathing crisp clean air, and entering any appealing boutique without any exact reason. 


While at this so-called Center of the Universe, Katie and I recalled the location that we have visited before.  The Louvre is 9757 km away.  Just a few short months ago, although seemingly an eternity ago, we were there together with our dear Makenna.  I was at the Louvre and many other magnificent European monuments while backpacking over the summer with two besties.   Anyway, back to Wednesday.


The day progressed and time continued even while I wasn’t paying attention.  Lunch consisted of HomeGrown food where we spent nearly as much time figuring out how to recycle it when we were finished as we did enjoying every delicious bite. 


At the end of this priceless adventure it was time to say goodbye to Kate, as I am heading back to Fresno and she is remaining here in Seattle, her new home.  I hate goodbyes…I am terrible at saying goodbye.  Generally, I am not one to cry and be all mushy, but a goodbye will get me every time.  I guess this is a blessing in disguise.  God has blessed me with many friends and family that I cannot part from and dread waiting to see them again.  So, in a weird way, thank you to all those that are close to me, that have impacted my life, and pulled on my heart, and make my heart hurt when we part.  You make life a daily joyous adventure and I am ready for more every day I wake up.


Following Seattle, was dinner in Tacoma at Bj’s with Uncle Dave, Nancy 2, cousin Andy, and Callie his girlfriend along with the fabulous four of my family.  This was a fun dinner to hang with the family and the jokes between my dad and his brother always get a few snorts out of me.  Thank you Grandma Carol for passing the snort on to me; even if people aren’t laughing at the joke the laugh at my laugh and I love it.  Then, one more goodbye. 


This is just too much for me.  So, as of today, no more goodbyes…it is all ‘see you laters.’  “See you later” is much happier and a brief sort of goodbye then a long term “goodbye, I don’t know when I will see you again.”


So, for now, See You Later!  (not goodbye)


        P.S.  this is also posted on the sign, just so you know...
Noogie – top of head
Milky Way – 69 Lt Yr
Taiwan – 8753 km  

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOVE YOU!

See you later. =-)